In a previous blog post, we wrote to alert Medicaid & CHIP providers that funding was available through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (“CARES”) Act Relief Fund and where to apply for such funding. Originally, applications were due August 3, 2020, however, the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (“HHS”) has extended this deadline to Friday, August 28, 2020. See “HHS Extends Application Deadline for Medicaid Providers and Plans to Reopen Portal to Certain Medicare Providers.” As a reminder, this is a $15 billion allocation to be distributed to eligible Medicaid, Medicaid managed care, CHIP and dental providers. See id.
The following resources are available for more information on the CARES Act Relief Fund and how to apply.
- For general information, please see “CARES Act Provider Relief Fund: General Information.”
- For information specific to providers, please see “CARES Act Provider Relief Fund: For Providers.”
- For a Provider Relief Fund Fact Sheet, please see “Provider Relief Fund: Medicaid, CHIP and Dental Provider Distribution Fact Sheet.”
- For information explaining the application steps, please see “Provider Relief Fund – 6 Steps to Apply.”
- For application instructions, please see an updated “Instructions for Phase 2 – General Distribution Application via Provider Relief Fund Application and Attestation Portal.”
- To access the application, please see an updated “Provider Distribution Application Form.”
Jessica N. Haller, Law Clerk, contributed to this article. If you have any questions regarding this article, please contact David R. Ross, Esq., Senior Shareholder, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.